Saturday, February 20, 2010

Hockey Night on Canada

I'm not that much of a hockey fan, I'm waiting for the World Cup. We did take in 2 games yesterday and I must admit that both were much better than I had thought they would be.

Game 1 was Canada against Switzerland. The media was hyping the Canadians to destroy the Swiss as the Swiss knocked the Canuks off last time in Italy. Canada had all their highly paid superstar players. Switzerland had a ragtag team of people almost all I had never even heard of. Canada got a goal fast but the swiss managed to keep with them for a 2-2 tie at the end of regulation time. The Swiss held their own in overtime and only lost in a shootout. This morning the Media is hyping the Canadian win but in actual fact the Swiss caused Canada to lose a point, as points are split if the game goes into overtime Canada received 2 points, Switzerland one. I must admit I was really pulling for the Swiss as they were such an underdog.

The next game was powerhouse Russia VS Slovakia. Same thing good game ending up in a shootout, with the underdog Slovaks winning.

I'm still in denial that I actually watched 6 plus hours of hockey in a row. Maybe I'm getting ready for the World Cup because I only missed 3 games last time.

Labels:

posted by Ricefield radio @ 1:16 AM   0 Comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home